My oldest daughter woke up to start decorating the house with Ravens signs (seriously, if there were ever a mini-Liz, it's her - the girl LOVES to decorate!)...
Paul went out to clear the snow off the sidewalk and decided to have a little fun with the yard...
And as a last minute fun activity, the kids and I made some yellow flags for our guests to throw. Saw this idea on the Today show, and thanks to my leftover-bday-parties-stash, I happened to have some yellow napkins!
All you do is stuff something (the Today show used ping pong balls, I used other napkins) in the corner, tape it, and you've got your own penalty flags to throw when you're getting heated during the game. Fun, right?
Another easy way to add some fun to your football party is with just a little white icing. I made brownies, cut them into football shapes, and just made some stitch marks with a tube of white icing and pointed tip.
Speaking of food...
the blog with the recipe here. I used mini slider buns and they were the cutest bite size pulled pork sliders ever. Huge hit.
Another recipe that is sure to be a hit is my family's crab dip recipe. This goes waaaay back - so much that I felt like I needed my mom's permission to post about it. Her response: "Of course! The way I see it is, if you've got something so delicious, share it!" Thanks, Mom:).
- 3 large Tablespoons of mayonnaise
- 8oz Velveeta
- Old Bay to taste
This is all you do:
- Spray an 8x8 (or similar sized oven-safe dish) with cooking spray - Mom and I aren't 100% positive you need to do this, but we always do, so I'll put it in here.
- Pick through your crab meat to make sure there are no shells - with jumbo lump, there rarely are, but might want to just pick through it anyway.
- Place the crab meat in a bowl, and add 3 heaping spoonfuls of mayo.
- FOLD (!!!!) the mayo in - do not stir. You want to keep those huge lumps in there!
- Add Old Bay to taste. In our opinion, you can never have enough Old Bay, so we put a good bit in.
- Place mixture in the pan, and cut thin strips of Velveeta to cover it.
This lasts oh, about 5 minutes if we're lucky!
Ok, back to the party....now that the food's out, it's time for all of us to take our seats, eat, and watch some football! I love to add a long folding table behind our couch for football - we set up everything on there, even the drinks, ice bucket, and crockpots - now there's no reason to have to walk more than 5 feet for the next several hours;)
And with 4 seconds left, we called the kids down to witness the Baltimore Ravens winning the Superbowl!!!!
Thank you Ravens, for entertaining us (and giving us a few heart attacks in the process!) week after week - what a season! Last night, it truly was our destiny...